The biggest event we support all year in the Midlands is finally here. In 2 weeks, we’ll be providing communications for the Tour de Cure. Here is some basic information you should know. The club is seeking volunteers for this event.
- Tour de Cure: Saturday, May 30th
- Start/Finish: Robert Mills House in Downtown Columbia
- Pre-event meeting at 6:30 a.m. for all hams and motorcycle marshals
- First route starts at 7:30 a.m., additional routes have staggered start times
- Route closes at 4 p.m.
- Lunch is provided for some volunteers. If you’re a SAG, sweep, or a late rest stop, you need to be prepared to grab your own lunch.
- T-shirts will be provided by the organization
What you need to tell us if you intend to volunteer (use form below):
- Your available equipment, including your vehicle. Can you carry passengers, do you have a bike rack, etc.
- Your name, callsign, t-shirt size, and cell number (this information must be provided to net control and the event directors)
- Your preferred position (there is no guarantee that you’ll be assigned your preferred position, but we do try to assign folks so that we all enjoy the day)
At this moment, we’re sitting at about 20 volunteers. This event typically requires around 40 hams to provide proper support. Please complete the form below to begin the process.
Route surveys will be conducted soon. Let us know if you’d like to be involved in the route surveys. The routes DID change slightly this year so we’ll need to run through them and check radio coverage. Ronnie, W4RWL will be coordinating the surveys.