Net Schedules and Information
CARC Net Control Schedule
|Jan 2||Sunday||N4TAL, Tammy|
|Jan 9||Sunday||KF4W, Michael|
|Jan 16||Sunday||W4EAE, Ryan|
|Jan 23||Sunday||KU5N, McKinnis|
|Jan 30||Sunday||KN4KRZ, Mark|
At the end of the net the Net Controller is expected to have the following information:
- Number of check in’s
- Number of announcements (also called traffic)
Also the Net Controller is expected to write down a short description of each announcement so that he/she can repeat the announcement at the end of the net.
If you are interested in becoming a CARC affiliated Net Controller, please contact us by clicking contact above.
NEW Net Announcement Procedure
With the increase of check-ins our nets are lasting longer. In an effort to reduce the overall time required to participate in a net, we are making a change in the announcement procedure.
Going forward, the net controller will first, briefly announce ONLY the next two or three upcoming CARC events of interest and say “The details can be found on the club website, W4CAE.com.” Then, the net controller will ask for any fills and for additional announcements not on the website. The time for announcements will be shortened, and our folks will get the information they need.
The webpage, W4CAE.com, is being kept up to date and is a very useful tool. Please check it out. If you see anything missing or incorrect on the website, please contact our Webmaster, Pete K4LLE, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the CONTACT button above or speak to any of the club officers.
Thank you in advance for your attention to this new procedure.
- The CARC net script version: 2020-10
- Suggestions for Net Controllers (revised February 2017)
- Excel Net logging sheet Effective 4/5/2021 this link has changed to direct you to the most current version of the logging spreadsheet.
Order of events
- Emergency or Priority Traffic
- Short-time & Mobile check-ins
- Regular check-in in alphabetical order by call sign suffix