The Columbia Amateur Radio Club has three membership classifications:
- Full membership. This is a full voting membership for licensed amateur radio operators with annual dues of $20, this is for payment in person or by check. On-line payments have a $1 service charge added, see below.
- Licensed family members of a full member’s family can be issued a voting family membership* for $5 for each participating family member.
- For those who have not gotten their license yet there is an associate non-voting membership for $5/yr. When family or Associated members upgrade their classification, a prorated portion of membership previous payments made during the year will be applied toward the dues that apply to the new classification. Dues can be adjusted as specified in the Bylaws.
- When you join and pay your dues your membership is effective immediately for one year**.
Please print your application and mail it along with your check or money order to:
PO Box 595
Columbia SC 29202
Pay your dues/purchase a membership online
You may now pay for a new membership or update your dues by paying online. Select a membership option and click “Pay Now” to be taken to the online payment system.
New members MUST enter their callsign, nickname, phone#, and preferred e-mail address in the “special instructions” box. We may be contacting you if further information is needed.
* Each FCC license operator in the family will have their own vote.
** Membership is for 12 months, your birth month is used to calculate how many additional months we add onto the 12. On the new member application you will be asked for your birth month, we do not need your birth day or year just your birth month. When we process your application your membership begins immediately and will last for 12 months PLUS the months between the month you joined and your birth month. After that your membership renewal is for 12 months. Example: You send in your application in May, your birth month is October, May to October is 6 months. Your membership starts in May and expires 18 months later.
The club bylaws are a little out of date and we are trying to get them updated. The membership in the past has voted and approved of these voting and new member changes so don’t be concerned if you read the bylaws and things don’t match up. If you have any questions just click on CONTACT above and an Officer will get back with you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail ColumbiaARC@gmail.com.