Richland County ARES, with participation from the other EMA-3 counties, will be conducting an exercise to test their Simplex Emergency Communications plan and are asking for your help.
Date: Friday, 10/27/23
Frequency: 147.585 MHz
- There has been a major event with significant destruction. All outside services are out, cell, power, etc., and roads are impassable.
- You try your base station but find it is inoperable. You turn on your Mobile or HT and find that your repeaters are down.
- You desperately need help and tune to the Richland County simplex frequency 147.585. That is where this test exercise begins.
Exercise: (Your Part)
- On Friday, 10/27, at 4:00, tune in to the Richland County simplex coordinating frequency 147.585 MHz using HT or mobile at a maximum of 10 watts.
- A test emergency net will be established, and you will check in when your county is called.
- Check-ins will be by county: Newberry, Fairfield, North Richland (those north of I-20), Kershaw, Calhoun, South Richland (those south of I-20), Lexington, and Saluda.
Verify that any ham operator in Richland County can reach help in times of emergency, from the general vicinity of their home and using basic ham gear.